Where could a fabulous $5,000 travel voucher take you?
Be recognised and rewarded for your special contributions to medical, specialist, dental or allied health practice management.
Each state selects its own State Practice Manager of the Year, who receives flights, accommodation and registration for the 2017 National Conference in Perth. The recipient of each State Practice Manager of the Year Award is then a finalist for the National Practice Manager of the Year Award.
This year, the 2017 National Practice Manager of the Year will also be the recipient of a $5,000 travel voucher, with thanks to our National Partner, AGPAL/QIP.
An AAPM member managing a healthcare practice, who, in the opinion of the selection panel, has demonstrated exceptional skills in his/her role.
Proven sound knowledge and skills in the following areas must be demonstrated:
- Outstanding leadership and team building skills
- Commitment to ongoing education in practice management and in raising the profile of practice management
- Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Implementation of systems to support quality care in a clinical setting
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Excellence in communication skills; both verbal and written
- Must be currently employed as a manager of a healthcare practice
- Must be currently holding or studying toward a qualification in Practice or Business Management
- Must be a full financial member of AAPM or the key contact of a Practice Member
- Must be upholding the ethos and Code of Conduct of The Australian Association of Practice Management Ltd
- Members of State Branch Committees are eligible to apply
- Directors of AAPM, Members of Selection Panels, Associate Members and Corporate Members of AAPM are not eligible to apply
- Any member who has been part of a Practice Manager of the Year Selection Panel in the past two years is not eligible to apply
- The Nomination Form can be used by practice owners, principles and colleagues to nominate a Practice Manager. The nominated Practice Manager will then be invited by AAPM Head Office to complete the Application Form
- Practice Managers can also nominate themselves, bypassing the Nomination Form, and proceed directly to the Application Form
- Both nominated applicants and self-nominated applicants must complete the Application Form themselves
If you wish to nominate a colleague or another Practice Manager, please complete the Nomination form
If you are nominating yourself, or you have accepted a nomination submitted by someone else, you must complete the Application Form
Please note: Applications close on Wednesday 31 May
With Thanks to our National Partner: