DHS has a new guide to support health professionals with all aspects of Indigenous health services available under Medicare.
It includes tips from people who work with Indigenous communities every day.
The department’s Medicare Liaison Officers - Adam from the Northern Territory and Hazel from north Queensland – contribute insights based on their own experiences.
The guide can help you find out more about:
- family and domestic violence
- the Practice Incentives Program including the PIP Indigenous Health Incentive
- the Practice Nurse Incentive Program
- Closing the Gap PBS prescriptions, and
- Indigenous Medicare servicing
Read more and download the guide
(Source: Department of Human Services)