Practice Officer / Secretary
This is a permanent part time role. The Practice Officer / Secretary has overall responsibility for the administration of Dr Irene Wagner’s medical Consultant Physician in Geriatric and General Medicine practice. This includes the smooth running of the practice in accordance with the practice policies and procedures.
PRACTICE OFFICER / SECRETARY
The Practice Officer / Secretary has overall responsibility for the administration of Dr Irene Wagner’s medical Consultant Physician in geriatric and General Medicine practice. This includes the smooth running of the practice in accordance with the practice policies and procedures.
- Able to transcribe dictated medical letters, reports etc.
- To manage with a patient population where cognitive dysfunction is a common condition. This may include liaising primarily with a patient’s companion(s).
- To manage with patients and their companions where English is not their first language.
- Obtaining financial consent from patients and their companions.
- Answering phone calls, making appointments while ensuring all details are available so appointments, especially initial ones, can easily be confirmed.
- Maintain a cancelation list so new patient appointments can be offered at short notice if a spot becomes available.
- This is a permanent part-time role. Irene Wagner works all day Tuesday, Thursday afternoon and Friday morning in the clinic. The Practice Officer / Secretary will need to be present at these times to welcome patients & their companions, and to arrange payment and making another appointment at the end of the consultation. Other times can be negotiated, but flexibility will be necessary. I expect it to involve 25 to 30 hours per week.
- Generally, alternate Tuesdays we host a neurologist. The Practice Officer / Secretary will ensure we have a patient list for his clinic, greet his patients, have them complete a registration form if required, and bills the patient at the end of the consultation.
- Public holidays and weekends are off.
- As the practice officer / secretary works with Dr IE Wagner, they will need to take holidays at the same time as Dr IE Wagner. Dr IE Wagner tries to avoid taking holidays during school holidays, and usually confirms her holidays 6 months in advance.
- Wages are paid fortnightly in arrears, including super. Salary sacrifice is available.
To apply for this position, or for any queries regarding this advertisement, please contact Dr Irene Wagner on 0419 308 560 or Marina Stevens on 0478 675 445.
Message sent successfully...