This is the "gold level" of achievement in the Association. It becomes the aim of all members to reach Fellow status, which:
- Promotes excellence and professionalism in practice administration
- Recognises individuals who have met required levels of knowledge, skill and abilities.
- Assists employers in identifying individuals who meet nationally recognised standards.
- Provides formal recognition of those individuals who meet these standards.
- Recognises those who must maintain industry standards.
- Establishes AAPM as a credentialing body under the umbrella of UNE.
Cost for members to embark on the AAPM Fellowship program
An application fee applies for embarking on the program, which contributes to the costs of administration.
The requirements for attaining and maintaining fellowship within the Association are:
1.) Member of AAPM for more than 3 years
2.) Hold Certified Practice Manager Status
3.) Hold Diploma of Professional Practice Management or equivalent business or management related qualification or higher
4.) Complete either:
- 3 approved case studies on healthcare practice management; or
- an approved professional paper on healthcare practice management; or
- an additional qualification of Certificate IV or higher in a related field of study, a health or business management qualification or another relevant qualification, such as clinical health, accounting, business, IT, law; or
- 240 hours of formal studies related to healthcare management such as study modules
5.) 300 CPD Points over 3 years
6.) Complete the AAPM Fellowship Interview
Case Studies and Professional Paper Guidelines
- Applicants must request approval for topics from the AAPM Fellowship Taskforce
- Case studies may be published in the National Journal, used on the AAPM web site or presented at the National Conference.
- Each case study needs to be a clear example of some change, development or introduction of systems within your practice.
- The process needs to include the perceived problem or necessary change to the practice, the process involved and the outcome.
- Statistics, if measurable, would be useful.
- The case study is expected to be two to three pages long.
- Case studies need to extend applicant.
- The Fellowship Taskforce may sometimes issue scenarios.
Fellowship Application Form
Fellowship Application Checklist
Case Study Guidelines
AAPM Membership Pathway Brochure